Why work with CCEVA?
Want to make a difference and leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you!
Here at CCEVA, we work together as a team to create a supportive and safe environment to better serve and help our community. Come work with us and help us make a difference and be part of that positive change!
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching a Part-time qualified Accounting Assistant for our Finance Department to work out of our Norfolk office. The primary job of the Accountant Assistant is to manage the day-to-day accounts receivable and cash receipts, and weekly deposits for agency bank accounts.
The ideal candidate will be an effective problem solver, possess good interpersonal skills, and will have competency in Excel, specifically spreadsheets and QuickBooks. Excellent written and oral communications skills, team oriented as well as great attention to detail coupled with a positive attitude and some flexibility in their schedule is preferred.
• Bachelor’s or associate degree in a related field is preferred.
• Three or more years of related office experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, and general filing and administrative tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities.
• Primary point of contact with Towne Bank to establish bank accounts for all clients as needed and coordinate direct deposits. Also responsible for closing bank accounts when required.
• Prepare and submit all required inventories and asset accounting for client accounts on time to the Commissioner of Accounts.
• Prepare requests for distribution of funds for Administrator/Executor accounts when necessary.
• Maintain financial files for clients.
• Work with Public Guardianship Coordinator to prepare Guardianship Case Managers monthly credit card purchase documentation to be forwarded to Agency Bookkeeper and Guardianship Bookkeeper.
Salary & Benefits
• $17.00 – $18.00 hr.
• Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement and more!
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org