Bookkeeper - Accounts Payable Bookkeeper
Why work with CCEVA?
Want to make a difference and leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you!
Here at CCEVA, we work together as a team to create a supportive and safe environment to better serve and help our community. Come work with us and help us make a difference and be part of that positive change!
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching for a Full-time qualified Accounts Payable Bookkeeper to work out of our Norfolk office. The primary job of the Accounts Payable Bookkeeper is to manage the day-to-day accounting activity while maintaining and enforcing the company’s policies, procedures, and internal controls. Process accounts payable which include vendor invoices, cutting checks and making electronic payments to vendors.
The ideal candidate will be an effective problem solver, possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, great attention to detail and accuracy, be able to work independently with minimal supervision, excellent written and oral communications skills coupled with a positive attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
• 5 or more years of related experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, and general filing and administrative tasks.
• Proficiency in QuickBooks is a must.
• Proficiency in basic accounting principles and bookkeeping.
• Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities.
• Process Accounts Payable which includes entering vendor invoices, cutting checks, and making electronic payments to vendors. Vendor research and troubleshoot charges on accounts.
• Enter new vendors. Ensure we have all necessary documentation, including the most recent W-9.
• Maintain correct chart of accounts and operational department coding on all payments/invoices/journal entries.
• Maintain vendor files in an organized manner.
• Send out credit card statement monthly to cardholders. Enter credit card charges in accounting software. Summarize CEO monthly credit charges. Ensure all receipts are turned in and code all charges.
• Maintain E-Z Pass accounts and equipment.
• Prepare and mail out annual Form 1099’s.
• Reconcile all bank accounts monthly.
• Perform other financial related tasks as needed.
• Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement and more!