Case Manager (Mobility Mentor) Onley, VA
Why work with CCEVA?
Want to make a difference and leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you!
Here at CCEVA, we work together as a team to create a supportive and safe environment to better serve and help our community. Come work with us and help us make a difference and be part of that positive change!
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching for a Full-Time Mobility Mentor for our Engagement Department. This position is based out of the Eastern Shore, in Onley Va. The primary job of the Mobility Mentor is to work with families with minor children in the home to focus on self-sufficiency by connecting Participants with services to scaffold themselves to self-sufficiency.
This role requires a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s comprehensive needs. The Mentor will support individuals in setting priorities, connecting to resources, and achieving goals.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Will provide planning, facilitation, and care coordination. As well as collaborating with the process of assessment, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s comprehensive needs and open to working evenings and weekends as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, and general filing and administrative tasks.
• A minimum of two years of experience in case management or related field experience is required.
• Experience implementing motivational interviewing (preferred).
• Valid driver’s license with active car insurance.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and/or weekends when needed.
• Provide individualized wraparound services for individuals within ALICE population and those living below the Federal Poverty Level.
• Working knowledge of community resources, financial literacy, and advocacy to initiate/coordinate service delivery and follow-up services.
• Assist participants in overcoming barriers through problem solving, conflict resolution, providing support, and motivational coaching.
• Meet with each participant at least monthly. Most meetings will be at participant homes or out in the community, and on a schedule that meets participant needs.
• Maintain core understanding and knowledge of coaching and mentoring practices.
• Ensure that all participants understand program guidelines and remain focused on self-sufficiency goals.
• Establish collaborative partnerships with other public and private agencies/services, and establish ongoing connections, resources and supports for participants.
• Complete ongoing training as required.
• $38,000 – $40,000 per year.
• Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement and more!
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com