Executive Director of Adoption Job Description
WHY WORK WITH CCEVA
PURPOSE OF THE JOB :
- Doctorates or Masters or degree with 5 years of experience within a social service agency and at least one year in an administrative, supervisory, or consultative capacity.
- Must be knowledgeable of Virginia’s state licensure policies and procedures.
- Experience supervising student interns and employees.
- Experience working with families with diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Working hours must be flexible to accommodate work in the evening and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, evaluate, supervise, and lead the Adoption/Post-Adoption program.
- Regularly review the family files to ensure they meet licensure requirements of the community and our partners.
- Maintain communication with assigned State Licensure staff to ensure the program requirements are being met and participate in all evaluations of programs
- Maintain client files to include management of program entries into organizational client database
- Must adhere to and manage program expenditures to ensure that department stays within budget
- Responsible for data collection and outcome reporting to agency PQI committee through quarterly reports
- Provide on-going contact with clients
- Represent Catholic Charities to numerous parenting resources in the community to include, the court system, partner child placing agencies and community.
- Market programs to local faith communities and other organizations that serve the families in the community
- Maintain or Support Adoption specialist caseload of pregnancy counseling clients
- Participate and report Adoption department related data and needs to leadership team
- Maintain spending budget for Post-Adoption grant to spend a minimum of 95% of grant
- Participate in Monthly grant meetings with partners and quarterly consortium meetings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
WORK DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to stoop, lift (ex. pick, pinch, type, or grasp)
- Exerting up to 20lbs of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to inspect and analyze figures, accounting items, written materials, newsprint, computer terminal characters, transcription, and other similar objects at distances generally close to the eyes.
- The worker is subject to a variety of inside environmental conditions that may occur in an office, private home, or elsewhere in the community