Human Resources Manager
WHY WORK WITH CCEVA
Want to live out your faith through service? Want to leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you. We work together as a team to better serve the community we live in. Join our team to help serve as the hands and feet of Christ in our community.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide Human Resource services for all areas of the Agency, including: employment recruitment, new employee orientation, employment compliance with federal and state laws, attendance, exit interviews, and human resource policy development and implementation; and
- 2 or more years of related office experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Team-oriented, with professional, friendly demeanor
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and other databases
- Respects and honors cultural and human diversity
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently
- Acceptance of Pro-Life philosophy
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: Human Resources Manager
- Write and place job postings for all exempt, non-exempt, temporary worker and interns.
- Assist Directors in screening applicants for open positions and schedule interviews.
- Prepare and deliver job offer letter to new employees.
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Process new employee paperwork.
- Submit background checks and drug screening on all new employees.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Review benefit statements for accuracy.
- Responsible for employee performance review process. Assist department supervisors in ensuring performance reviews are given in a timely manner.
- Provide support and assist Directors in all personnel matters to include employee grievances, performance improvement plans and terminations.
- Conduct exit interviews with all employees leaving CCEVA.
- Maintain Agency organizational chart.
- Supervise Main Office administrative assistant. Oversee ordering of supplies for office and reserving conference rooms.
- Process payroll for Agency semi-weekly.
- Review year W-2’s for accuracy and deliver to employees.
- Assists the CEO in general maintenance of IT services to include organizational logins, email and active directory.
- Maintaining knowledge of current issues and laws relating to employee benefits.
- Establish and maintain personnel records and reports.
- Maintaining integrity and confidentiality of Human Resource data.
- Responsible for all COA Documentation for HR related policies and procedures.
- Prepare executive and general board meeting minutes.
- Additional correspondence with board as needed.
This position operates out of the Main Office (1132 Pickett Rd. Norfolk, VA 23502).
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and/or climb. The employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although minimal travel may be required.
This is a full-time, exempt, position. This position may require longer hours due to events, board meetings, etc.