Why work with CCEVA?
Want to make a difference and leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you!
Here at CCEVA, we work together as a team to create a supportive and safe environment to better serve and help our community. Come work with us and help us make a difference and be part of that positive change!
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching for a Full – time Life Coach for our Health & Community department to work out of Chesapeake Regional Hospital. The primary job of the Life Coach is to connect patients with chronic illnesses to a primary care physician and resources in the community, and to coordinate the delivery of case management services to patients identified by Chesapeake Regional Emergency Department.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, an effective problem solver, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, Emergency Medical Technician, or LPN
• Two to three years of experience in human services, case management and/or work with families
• Experience working with multicultural communities in a culturally competent manner.
• Proficient with computers
• Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license.
• A commitment to serving vulnerable populations.
• Must agree to and pass a drug test, TB skin test, background check and present current driving record.
• Connect patients with chronic diseases to a Primary Care Home (PCH) and counsel on importance of using PCH instead of ED (Emergency Department) to handle routine care of diseases.
• Connect high utilizers of the ED to a Primary Care Home (PCH) and counsel on importance of using PCH instead of ED to handle routine care of diseases.
• Provide reminder calls to Life Coach Patients for their upcoming appointments; evaluate any barriers keeping them from going to appointment and work with patients to remove barriers.
• Provide follow up calls to ensure patients went to their appointment and if they liked the physician and will be going back for continued service.
• Arrange or Provide transportation to appointments when necessary.
Salary & Benefits
• $33,000 a year.
• Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement and more!
*We are a drug free environment*
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org