Why work with CCEVA?
Want to make a difference and leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you! Here at CCEVA, we work together as a team to create a supportive and safe environment to better serve and help our community. Come work with us and help us make a difference and be part of that positive change!
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching for a Full-Time Mobility Aspire Mentor for our Engagement Department. This position is based out of our Norfolk office. The primary job of the Mobility Mentor is to engage with a client’s entire family while coaching, preparing, and encouraging the head of household on her journey towards self-sufficiency through goal setting. The Mentor will work in conjunction with the Participant to identify strengths and problem solving around areas of challenges.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communicaon, interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills. Will provide planning, facilitation, and care coordination. As well as collaborating with the process of assessment, evaluaon, and advocacy for opons and services to meet an individual’s comprehensive needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, and general filing and administrative tasks.
• A minimum of two years of experience in case management or related field experience is required.
• Experience implementing motivational interviewing (preferred).
• Valid driver’s license with active car insurance.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and/or weekends when needed.
• Assist participants in setting goals related to housing, income, family and personal well-being, career, education, while recognizing that barriers to self-sufficiency are multi-faceted.
• Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring with a holistic approach encompassing family strengths and challenges and assist in connecting participants and family members to appropriate resources.
• Assist participants in overcoming barriers through problem solving, conflict resolution, providing support, and motivational coaching.
• Meet with each participant at least monthly. Most meetings will be at participant homes or out in the community, and on a schedule that meets participant needs.
• Maintain core understanding and knowledge of coaching and mentoring practices.
• Ensure that all participants understand program guidelines and remain focused on self-sufficiency goals.
• Establish collaborative partnerships with other public and private agencies/services, and establish ongoing connections, resources and supports for participants.
• Assist in recruitment of participants and marketing throughout Southside Hampton Roads
• Complete ongoing training as required.
• Salary yearly starting: $40,000.
• Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement and more!
*We are a drug free environment
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org