Mobility Mentor, Strive Partnership
Department: Financial & Housing Counseling
Supervisor: Associate Director, Chief Programs Officer
Purpose Of The Job:
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is seeking a highly motivated professional for a Mobility Mentor position working with women who are parenting in poverty. The goal of the Mobility Mentor is to engage with the entire family while coaching, preparing and encouraging the head of household on her journey toward self-sufficiency through goal setting. The Mentor will identify strengths and problem solve around areas of challenges with participants. Mobility Mentors will assist participants in setting goals related to family and personal well-being, career, education, housing and family finances while recognizing that barriers to self-sufficiency that are multi-faceted.
This position is based out of our Virginia Beach Blvd. office. This is a full time position, and the Mentor must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and/or weekends to meet families’ needs, while maintaining 40 hours per week.
Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a social-services related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in case management or related field experience is required.
- Experience implementing motivational interviewing (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license with active car insurance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:Mentor/Coaching:
- Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring with a holistic approach encompassing family strengths and challenges and assist in connecting participants and family members to appropriate resources.
- Working knowledge of community resources, child protection standards and advocacy to initiate/coordinate service delivery and follow-up services.
- Maintain core understanding and knowledge of coaching and mentoring practices.
- Ensure that all participants understand program guidelines and remain focused on self-sufficiency goals.
- Assist participants in overcoming barriers through problem solving, conflict resolution, providing support, and motivational coaching.
- Meet with each participant at least monthly. Majority of meetings will be at participant homes or out in the community, and on a schedule that meets participant needs.
- Demonstrate exemplary cultural competency and ability to foster and maintain professional relationships with a diverse group of clients and fellow professionals.
- Strong assessment, crisis intervention, negotiation and mediation skills required.
- Effective oral and written communication and use of agency computer and standard office software skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail while accurately tracking and reporting data within specified guidelines.
- Collaborate consistently with supervisors, peers and program partners to effectively evaluate efforts and service delivery standards.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with other public and private agencies/services, and establish ongoing connections, resources and supports for participants.
- Assist in recruitment of participants and marketing throughout Southside Hampton Roads
- Complete ongoing training as required
Other Duties:Customer Service:
- Provides service to internal and external customers according to standards as outlined by CCEVA
- Uses agency resources (financial and non-financial) prudently.
- Acknowledges and follow financial policies of the agency.
Grants Data Management:
- Accurately completes all required data reporting in accordance with established guidelines.
- Participates in all scheduled data collection trainings.