Referral Specialist Case Manager
Why work with CCEVA?
Want to make a difference and leave work knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life? Then working at Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia (CCEVA) may be the place for you!
Here at CCEVA, we work together as a team to create a supportive and safe environment to better serve and help our community. Come work with us and help us make a difference and be part of that positive change!
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching for a Full-Time short-term Referral Specialist Case Manager for our Engagement Department. This position is based out of our Princess Anne office in partnership with United Way of South Hampton Roads, the City of Virginia Beach, and other VB Thrive Agencies. The primary job of the VB Thrive Case Manager is to work with adult Virginia Beach residents to focus on self-sufficiency by connecting participants with wraparound services. The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of scarcity challenges, community needs, and existing systems of care related to the ALICE population (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed).
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills. Will provide planning, facilitation, and care coordination. As well as collaborating with the process of evaluating and advocating for options and services to meet an individual’s comprehensive needs. Case managers support individuals in setting priorities, connecting to resources, and achieving goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in a social services or related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, and general filing and administrative tasks.
• A minimum of two years of experience in case management or related field experience is required.
• Experience implementing motivational interviewing (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license with active car insurance.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and/or weekends when needed.
• Working knowledge of community resources, financial literacy, and advocacy to initiate/coordinate service delivery services are preferred.
• Provide individualized wraparound services for individuals within ALICE population and those living below the Federal Poverty Level.
• Maintain core understanding and knowledge of coaching and mentoring practices.
• Ensure that all participants understand program guidelines and remain focused on self-sufficiency goals.
• Assist participants in overcoming barriers through problem solving, conflict resolution, providing support, and motivational coaching.
• Accurately track and report data within specified guidelines.
• Collaborate consistently with supervisors, peers, and program partners to effectively evaluate efforts and service delivery standards.
• Provide service to internal and external customers according to standards as outlined by CCEVA.
• Assist in recruitment of participants.
• Complete ongoing training as required.
• $38,000 & $40,000 per year
• Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays
• Opportunities for advancement and more!
*We are a drug free environment*
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org