Case Manager - VB Thrive Mentor
Why work with CCEVA?
Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia is searching for a Full-Time long-term Mentor for our Engagement Department. This position is based out of our Princess Anne office in partnership with United Way of South Hampton Roads, the City of Virginia Beach, and other VB Thrive Agencies. The primary job of the VB Thrive Mentor is to work with adult Virginia Beach residents to focus on self-sufficiency by connecting participants with wraparound services. The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of scarcity challenges, community needs, and existing systems of care related to the ALICE population (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed).
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and provide planning, facilitation, care coordination. As well as collaborating with the process of assessment, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s comprehensive needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook, and general filing and administrative tasks.
- A minimum of two years of experience in case management or related field experience is required.
- Experience implementing motivational interviewing (preferred).
- Valid driver’s license with active car insurance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and/or weekends when needed.
- Working knowledge of community resources, financial literacy, and advocacy to initiate/coordinate service delivery services are preferred.
- Provide individualized wraparound services for individuals within ALICE population and those living below the Federal Poverty Level.
- Maintain core understanding and knowledge of coaching and mentoring practices.
- Ensure that all participants understand program guidelines and remain focused on self-sufficiency goals.
- Assist participants in overcoming barriers through problem solving, conflict resolution, providing support, and motivational coaching.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with other public and private agencies/services, and establish ongoing connections, resources and supports for participants.
- Provide service to internal and external customers according to standards as outlined by CCEVA.
- Accurately complete all required data reporting in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assist in recruitment of participants.
- Complete ongoing training as required.
- Full benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement and more!